Hi, friends! Hope you had a terrific Labor Day weekend and that your week is off to a wonderful start!
My weekend flew by. I am feeling fully settled in to my new life in Northern California; I spend my days writing at the library and my afternoons running on the treadmill or taking yoga classes at the nearby fitness center. My new neighborhood is beautiful and is also inhabited by deer and wild turkeys! I’m loving cooking with my grandma and baking with my cousins, and my grandpap is giving me an in-depth education in music from the 1950s. 🙂 It is such a blessing to get to spend more time with my sweet relatives who live up here — they have truly taken me in and welcomed me with open arms!
Now, on to the kindness! This past week’s kindness challenge was to buy a sandwich and drink and give it to a homeless person. I bought a sandwich and Kevita drink at my new neighborhood Safeway and gave it to a homeless woman I passed by on my way home.
The Week 35 Kindness Challenge is to compliment a salesman to his or her manager next time you go shopping. It’s great to compliment the salesperson themselves, but it’s even better to pass the compliment on to the boss of the person who helped you!
As always, blog about your experiences and include your links in the comments section below, or feel free to send me an email at dallaswoodburn <AT> gmail <DOT> com.
Have a marvelous day!
year of kindness archives:
– week 1 challenge: donate items to those in need
– week 2 challenge: leave quarters & note at laundry machine
– week 3 challenge: write & send a kind handwritten note
– week 4 challenge: give hot chocolate to someone outside in the cold
– week 5 challenge: do something kind for a neighbor
– week 6 challenge: deliver valentines to a nursing home
– week 7 challenge: donate to a food pantry
– week 8 challenge: donate toiletries to a shelter
– week 9 challenge: post a kind note in a public place
– week 10 challenge: do something kind for a child
– week 11 challenge: thank someone in a genuine & meaningful way
– week 12 challenge: deliver baked goods to a fire station
– week 13 challenge: give someone flowers
– week 14 challenge: donate books
– week 15 challenge: reach out and spend time with people
– week 16 challenge: smile at everyone you meet
– week 17 challenge: pick up litter/trash
– week 18 challenge: write a kind note to a mom figure in your life
– week 19 challenge: leave an extra-generous tip
– week 20 challenge: donate blood/join bone marrow registry
– week 21 challenge: visit a cemetery and pay respect
– week 22 challenge: practice a little patience
– week 23 challenge: call 3 loved ones on the phone
– week 24 challenge: do something kind for a senior citizen
– week 25 challenge: pay for someone’s public transportation
– week 26 challenge: volunteer at a food pantry or soup kitchen
– week 27 challenge: send a care package to someone in the military
– week 28 challenge: give at least one compliment every day
– week 29 challenge: do a favor for someone else
– week 30 challenge: scatter lucky pennies around a playground
– week 31 challenge: mail an empowering postcard
– week 32 challenge: plant something
– week 33 challenge: donate school supplies
– week 34 challenge: give a sandwich to a homeless person