Happy Friday, friends! Hope you have something fun planned for tonight + this weekend! This afternoon I have some tutoring and work on the agenda, and then I’m meeting up with Allyn and some friends in the city for dinner and a movie! Should be fun. Tomorrow I have a full day of tutoring, an evening meeting at church, and a picnic dinner date with my sweetheart. And then Sunday I’m leading another session of our Young Adults Community Circle at church!
I had a few people ask me what topics and questions we are covering in the group, since I wrote about how the community circle is intended to spur deeper, more meaningful and authentic conversations than you might traditionally have with people you are just meeting. I thought I would share these questions with you here on the blog, in case they spur some deeper conversations of your own — with longtime friends, new acquaintances, family members, loved ones, or even perhaps just with yourself! These are great questions to journal about as well. 🙂
Community Circle Questions : Week 1
- What does “home” mean to you?
- Where are you currently living? Does it feel like home? Why or why not?
- Who are you currently living with? What do you love about your living situation? What do you struggle with?
- What thoughts do you hold in your heart about your childhood home? Do you return there often?
- Where have you lived that has felt like home?
- What dreams do you have for a future home?
“The ache for home lives in all of us, the safe place where we can go as we are and not be questioned.”-Maya Angelou