Hi friends! Hope you’re enjoying a lovely weekend! Yesterday I was busy teaching all day — I taught four classes as part of my new job working for Communication Academy. I was pretty tired last night, but I had so much fun working with such exuberant, energetic kids!
Today was a relaxing yet productive day. I opted to sleep in and go to the later church service, because sometimes you just need to hit snooze! Today’s sermon was so inspiring: all about redefining “failure” and life’s disappointments as a step forward and getting up to try again. It was a great reminder of the importance of perseverance and faith.
After visiting with some friends at post-church coffee hour, I headed over to one of my favorite local coffee shops for some lunch, a chai latte, and a work sesh! Something about working in a crowded, noisy cafe does wonders for my productivity. Is it like that for anyone else?
Speaking of productivity… Sunday means it’s time for goals!
Here’s how I did on my goals from this past week:
write 12 pages
read 100 pages of The Kitchen God’s Wife
go to two yoga classes
prepare for my new teaching gig
connect with three friends
And here are my goals for this upcoming week:
– write 12 pages
– prepare for teaching & tutoring this week
– send out three query letters
– read up to page 250 of The Kitchen God’s Wife
– go to two yoga classes
– connect with three friends
And here are some recipes I’m drooling over this week:
– spicy seedy power crackers via Robyn @the real-life rd
– grapefruit arugula salad via Sarah @The Pajama Chef
– peanut butter & raisin muffins via Danica @It’s Progression
– healthified fettuccine alfredo via Money-Saving Mom
– healthy dark chocolate pudding via Two Peas & Their Pod
Questions of the day:
- What was a highlight of your weekend?
- What are your goals for this upcoming week?
- What recipes are you drooling over lately?