Hi, friends! I hope wherever this finds you today, you are finding moments of gratitude and something to smile about.
I’ve been busily working on some new programs & resources that I’m really excited to share with you! Please pass this along to anyone who might be interested.
* * *
holiday book special
Books make the best gifts! Now through the end of December, if you buy a copy of THE BEST WEEK THAT NEVER HAPPENED for yourself or for a gift, I have a bunch of extra goodies to send your way! Just email me proof of purchase — a screenshot is fine. In return, I’ll send you:
- an autographed/personalized bookplate
- a matching bookmark with an inspiring quote from the book
- hourglass & gecko temporary tattoos
- a free signed paperback copy of my short story collection WOMAN, RUNNING LATE, IN A DRESS!
This offer applies to purchases made for e-book, audiobook, or paperback. Also, if you’re purchasing any of my titles as gifts, let me know if you need signed bookplates and I will gladly send them to you!
* * *
online teen novel-writing class
My fall online novel-writing class for teens was such a success that I’m starting up a new session on Dec 20!
CALLING ALL TEEN WRITERS: Have you ever wanted to write a novel? Maybe you have a story idea that has been simmering in your head for a long time, but you’ve never gotten around to actually putting it down on paper.
Or maybe you started writing your novel — or you have started writing many novels — but you never seem to build enough momentum to carry you through to the end.
What if you could have sustained weekly support to write your novel?
I would be honored to be your cheerleader, mentor, teacher, and accountability partner during this journey!
Ray Bradbury said of the reading and writing process: “We are cups…constantly and quietly being filled. The trick is knowing how to tip ourselves over and let the beautiful stuff out.”
Using the Outlining Your Novel Workbook by K.M. Weland as a jumping-off point, you will then “tip yourselves over and let the beautiful stuff out” by writing your own novel chapters, which you will submit to me each week for individual constructive feedback. By the end of the class, you will have written a substantial draft of a novel. Wow!
Every class will include:
- Focused teachings on a “craft” element of writing a novel, such as character development, plot and story structure, setting, dialogue, scene vs. summary, and more.
- A brief writing exercise to get creative juices flowing.
- A 15-minute workshop of a fellow student’s opening chapter to give feedback and learn from.
- Homework: write a chapter of your novel every week and send it to me for individual feedback.
- By the end of the class, you will have a solid draft of a novel completed, which is quite an accomplishment!!
* * *
small-group book coaching program for adults
My small-group book coaching program is now open for enrollment! We start on January 5 and meet every Tuesday + Saturday through the end of March. It is going to be such an amazing way to kick off the new year! Is writing a book is one of your new year’s resolutions? I’d love to have you join us! Please feel free to reach out if you have any questions or would like to chat about it!
What if you finally committed to writing your book? You know the book I’m talking about.
The book inside you, beating within your heart, dying to be written.
The book you daydream about when you’re staring off into the clouds.
The book you think about before you fall asleep at night.
The book you’ve wanted to write for months, years, possibly even decades… but for many reasons, never quite get around to actually writing.
The book sharing your stories, teachings, insights, wisdom, and perspective that will enrich countless lives.
The book that will change the world.
The book that will be part of your legacy.
The book that is uniquely YOU — that no one else but YOU can write.
Decide NOW that you are going to hit the ground running in 2021 by finally writing your book — in fact, that you will complete the first draft by April 1st and feel the most unbelievable sense of pride + accomplishment!
- Join my exclusive 13-week small-group coaching program and become part of a community of writers who will provide you support + encouragement as your pages pile up.
- Receive accountability, cheerleading, inspiration (and a gentle kick-in-the pants when needed) to ensure you are consistently moving forward towards those two magical words: THE END.
- Learn how to find your writing voice and embrace your authentic style to write your book and spread your message in a way that is riveting, memorable, crystal clear, and uniquely you.
* * *
maya’s masterpieces etsy shop
To celebrate our daughter’s second birthday, she launched an Etsy shop! 🙂 She loves painting, so we chose five of her best pieces and turned them into 5×7 greeting cards!
MAYA’S MASTERPIECES: Receive beautiful greeting cards, support a toddler artist, and plant trees to help our Mother Earth!
Each package contains five unique 5×7 inch blank greeting cards with five white envelopes, featuring artwork painted by our daughter Maya. She is a vivacious two-year-old who loves creating artwork. She is so proud of these cards and very excited to share them with you.
For every package of cards purchased, half the proceeds will go to Maya’s college fund and half will go towards reforestation efforts to plant trees through the nonprofit organization One Tree Planted.
* * *
And I think that’s about all the updates for now!
Wishing all of you a healthy holiday season filled with lots of joyful moments & blessings!
I’d love to hear: what is something new in your life? What are you smiling about today? What are you excited about in the new year?