Hi friends! Just wanted to pop in say hello 🙂 How is your weekend going?
Thank you for all of your prayers and good thoughts for my grandma and her hip-replacement surgery! She came through like a champ and is currently back at home, recovering very well. My grandpap has been very sweet taking care of her, and I have been trying to help out as best I can, however I can.
My brother made it back safe from his summer internship in Washington, D.C. and is starting his second and final year of business school tomorrow. I love this photo of him and my mom that my dad snapped during Greg’s brief time at home before moving back down to Los Angeles. Have a great first week back at school, buddy!
Other big news this week was that my sweetheart safely arrived back home, hooray! I have been soaking up time with him after being apart all summer. I also got to attend a couple fun events in San Francisco with him as part of his M.B.A. program at Presidio Graduate School. Presidio is really unique because of its emphasis on sustainability and environmental issues. I am so inspired by the amazing, world-bettering projects all the students are involved in. A really neat project is in the works right now that I will be letting you know about next week, with a chance for you to get involved — stay tuned!
This week I’m hoping to get a LOT of writing done! I have a handful of works-in-progress that I am really excited about and now, since I have a few weeks off from teaching, I have more time to devote to my writing. I’m ready and eager to get to work! #takingcareofbusiness
Before I head out, it’s goals time…
Here’s how I did on my goals from this past week:
– revise 10 pages of my novel-in-progress
teach a successful week of camp
help take care of my Grandma as best I can
finish reading Invisibility by Andrea Cremer & David Levithan
Here are my goals for this upcoming week:
– revise 75 pages of my novel-in-progress
– complete new essay for Chicken Soup for the Soul
– connect with three friends
– do yoga twice
– read through three back issues from my New Yorker stash
And here are some recipes I’m drooling over this week:
– peanut butter avocado cookies via The Lean Green Bean
– grilled zucchini, chickpea, tomato and goat cheese salad via Two Peas & Their Pod
– pesto, roasted red pepper & cheese crescent rolls via Two Peas & Their Pod
– coconut curry popcorn via The Pajama Chef
– my own coconut strawberry chocolate cookies
Questions of the day:
- What are your goals for this upcoming week?
- What recipes are you drooling over lately?
This post is featured on Menu Plan Monday!